Littlemorrows

My Mama don't allow no music in here...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Job and smiling test

Well, they called today to offer me that job. I have to bring my application form by tomorrow morning, and I said I'd let them know by Friday whether I'd take it. It is probably a lot more routine than my last job, but I think I will accept it.

On a similar note, this is a cool website - you have to guess whether the people are genuinely smiling or just faking it. And it's not a trick - they're not all real or all fake. I only got 11 out of 20, although I did it pretty quick.
Peace.

11 comments:

The Blog Marm said...

Just got home. This comment is for Tim. Fire alarm?????? Please answer.
Love,
Mom

The Blog Marm said...

Ben,
Didn't go to the site yet. Great about the job!!!

The Blog Marm said...

I got 10 of 20; but I was totally confused & did not trust anyone by the end of the test.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I got 16 out of 20....four of the ones I thought were fake were really genuine. At the beginning I put that I was pretty optimistic, but toward the end I felt like I was being really pessimistic cuz I was saying everybody's smile was fake...

Ben said...

Yeah, I felt like a bad person because I was saying all these people's smiles were fake.
I thought for a while that they were going to say they were all real, and tell you you should be more optimistic. There was one lady, the one with shortish straight brown hair, who didn't look happy at all, and I was thinking if I wasn't right about her I was a terrible judge of people's expressions.

I'm really not sure what they used to know themselves whether a smile was real or fake.

I just re-read my post and realized I sound really bummed. I'm not actually, I'm really glad they offered me the job. But I think to edit my post would be some kind of blog abuse.

The Blog Marm said...

Blog abuse? Funny. I appreciate your honest heart.
You know, they've moved our first post (with Bethany's picture) to October or something. You have to look harder to find it. How sad. I love that picture.

Ben said...

yeah they archive them after there get to be a lot...speaking of Bethany, whay did she get on the smiling test? Or Sam?

Anonymous said...

I did it first and I got a 15 out of 20 too. At the end where they asked you which part of the face you thought was most helpful for telling if the smile was genuine or fake, Mom, Caitlin, and I all put eyes, but we didn't realize it. What did you guys put ?

Anonymous said...

I got 13 out of 20 right and I put eyes too and then Beth told me that they did eyes too. At first I thought wren they smiled and then stopped it was a fake. I like that guy with his hair sticking up. Hi Tim, Ben and Cassandra and bye.

Ben said...

I put eyes but I almost put neck, since if they sort of laughed and their neck bulged it seemed more genuine

The Blog Marm said...

Neck?? Wow, you are a lot more observant than I am.