Littlemorrows

My Mama don't allow no music in here...

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Concerning the Weekend that Lo Came Over

    Since no one else seems to be itching to post about mine and Logan's trip home last weekend, I guess the responsibility falls on my shoulders.
    Well, Cassandra and Sarah (R.) were planning on stealing Logan's house for that night (more on that later), so I invited Logan---actually, it was more like Cassandra inviting Logan---to my house for Friday night. So...Logan and I set off late Friday afternoon for (my) home.
We got there, and Logan commented on something in the back yard (it had been dark the last time he came over), so I suggested that we take a walk around the house and see the trampoline, back porch, etc. So, that we did. When we came back around, we saw Grace and Isaiah looking at Lo's truck and looking for us (keep in mind, we were coming from the opposite side of the house as we would normally). Well, we saw them, and then they saw us, and I outstretched my arms, and Gracie came running and gave me a hug, and Logan outstretched his arms, and Izzy came running and hugged him. Then the little dude ran into the house--I'm not sure he ever did hug me...
Anyway...we went in, and we socialized a bit. Grace and Isaiah at some point decided to show Logan all the toys that are in the house, so they ran off in various directions and got them and put them on Lo's lap. I think he enjoyed the attention. Then, Mom told Grace and Isaiah each to get 3 toys to put away, and told Sam to put away 10. Which I think is nice... making Sam do more work, just 'cause he's older.
We ate food, and that was good.
We read the Bible, and Logan was chosen to be the Picker. He picked Bethany, which is not uncommon... people like to pick her to see if she can, in fact, speak (When Cassandra came over, she picked Bethany, as well.) Then we sang "Jesus Loves Me."
Then we watched The Incredibles, and that was fun.
Then we went to bed, and when we woke up the next morning, everyone was gone. So we went back to campus. And that was our fun weekend with Logan.
Oh yeah...and Logan is planning on speaking to Mom and Dad about pursuing a courtship relationship with Caitlin.
No, not really. I just thought I'd mention Caitlin, since I had mentioned all the others. Hi, Caitlin.
Oh...I should mention Sarah and Cassandra's adventures at Lo's house...they tried to wash some dishes, but they realized that Lo's dishwasher hadn't actually been washing dishes, just rinsing--it wasn't using the soap. (Logan uses weird little soap things.) So, Cassandra, being the clever person that she is, decided to use Dawn (concentrated) dish soap. A lot of it. After turning on the DW, Cassandra and Sarah went to watch a movie in th e living room, and after the movie, they returned to the kitchen to find it covered with bubbles. Then, fun, fun, they spent two hours cleaning it up. And that was their fun weekend.

8 comments:

The Blog Marm said...

Very cool! I loved reading all that. I also really enjoyed having y'all here. You have really neat friends (at least the side they show me :) ) Come again!
So Logan is considering joining our family..... that's nice. Let's see, he's probably about the age Dad was when I met him, and Caitlin is about the age I was. Can you imagine? He's old enough to be, like her older brother. Well, something like that.
I think the dishwasher story is funny. Those girls are resourceful! Hope Logan's kitchen has recovered.

Anonymous said...

Just a little tip about the soap bubbles if it ever happens again just take a salt shaker and shake some salt on the suds and they instantly cut down to about 50%. Although as much bubbles as they had it would have been hopeless. I remember doing that a few years back but I only put a few drops or about 1/4 teaspoon and had to run the rinse cycle a few times.

The Blog Marm said...

Tim, Tim, we love your posts! You are always with us. All that we have is yours (sort of). But this your brother, who had lost his cell phone, was dead and now he is alive. He was lost & now he is found. That is why he gets the fatted calf & the best robe & sandals.

The Blog Marm said...

Oops. We love you, too, not just your posts.

Anonymous said...

Waiting for you to comment on the Yoda post, Ben is.

Ben said...

um
did something get mixed up here?

Ben said...

this might confuse Grandma more

Ben said...

OK mom has just informed me that she meant to put her comment on this post...oops