"In these pages I have stuttered and stammered in a halting attempt to hint at the shattering reality of the furious love of God...The secret to the mystery is: God is always greater. No matter how great we think Him to be, His love is always greater."
Hi party people. Today I had a good QT, so I figured I'd write a little about that.
I was reading on Andrew Osenga's blog (I think that's the link) today about how his wife was gone somewhere with friends yesterday, so he spent the whole day doing stuff with Emma, his one-year-old daughter. When I got home from work and started my QT, I was about to start my routine order, the way I usually pray. But I decided I wasn't going to pray for anybody at all that night, and I wasn't going do much else other than just enjoy God myself. I think so much about evangelism and how the church needs to be doing it, but do I really do much knowing and experiencing myself?
The quote above is from The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning, by the way.
"May Christ dwell in your hearts through faith, and may love be the root and foundation of your life. Thus you will be able to grasp fully, with all the holy ones, the breadth and length and height and depth of Christ's love, and experience this love which suprasses all knowledge, so that you may attain to the fullness of God himself" Eph 3:17-19
15 comments:
Wow. That'll preach. Thanks, Ben.
Actually, his daughter's name is Ella, Ben. :)
aah! you're right. What kind of Andy fan am I?
i suppose you guys went to the blog then
Well, I didn't yet........
Now I want to read The Ragamuffin Gospel. How do you always find these good books?
hmm. I dunno. Give yourself a year for that one though...at least that's how long it took me. It's pretty heavy. Not really academic, he just doesn't mince words. Every sentence you could think about for a long time if you wanted to. Of course, I was doing other stuff that year too...
Well, then maybe I could do it in 6 months if I didn't do anything else. Hmmm...let's give that some thought.
Did I have plans from Jan. - June of next year? I think just a couple of dental appts. & maybe Dad could take people in. Oh, home schooling & being a mom......oops. You're right. I need the year.
ah, vous dirai-je, Maman.
And twinkle twinkle right back to you, mon fils.
That French was from memory. Did I call you my son or not? Maybe no "s"........
i think there's an s
and, that's "ah, lemme tell you what, Mom." In other words, I know what you're sayin.
Well, Caitlin Babelfished it so we did kind of get the gist of it, however it also sounded quite familiar....I just knew I'd seen it on some sheet music that was lying around this house for a few years.....
Just read your post again. I needed it.
Post a Comment