Littlemorrows

My Mama don't allow no music in here...

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Good food and fun

Dad, Bethany and Sam came yesterday to bring me my contacts and to help fix my desk (it rocked back and forth). Dad did a fine job on the desk; it doesn't really rock at all, now. Thanks, Dad.
Cassandra invited us D, B, & S to stay and have supper with us (Cassandra, Logan, and I). They decided that would be fine. We watched a bit of Indiana Jones while Cassandra was fixing the food. While she was cutting potatoes, she cut off a nice-sized chunk of her finger. It was bleeding pretty bad there for a while. I think she'll be okay, though. She will definitely be pretty easily ID'ed by her prints now, though.
Logan and Samantha went off at one point to get a blender. Logan said they had some quaint conversation.
We had a fine meal of meatballs, mashed potatoes, and some cheesy/garlic bread stuff. We had pleasant conversation, and a generally good time.
It was a good day. Thanks for coming to visit, family members who did. Maybe next time everyone else will feel like coming to see me, as well.

28 comments:

Josh and Abby said...

Questions:
1.) How big is "a nice-sized chunk of her finger"?
2.) Was the chunk reattached?
3.) Did the meatballs taste different?

Anonymous said...

I didn't have a second helping of potatoes, so hopefully someone else got the chunk. :)

Anonymous said...

that's very generous of you, beth.

Ben said...

this is rather gross

Anonymous said...

that's sick, tim.

Anonymous said...

there was NO finger in the potatoes!!!

Anonymous said...

but now Bethany's avoidance of the potatoes makes a lot of sense. ALTHOUGH I have since learned that Rauscher potatoes are very creamy... apparently much creamier than Giunta potatoes - I'll have to work on that :).

The Blog Marm said...

Rauscher potatoes are more cream than potatoes. It's a recipe where actual potatoes are probably optional.

The Blog Marm said...

I heard that the meal was quite good.

Josh and Abby said...

Just think Tim, if you marry a potato, it would be a Rauscher Potato.

The Blog Marm said...

Just as the crazy creamy, potato-optional potatoes may be at least half Pharis Potatoes........

Josh and Abby said...

I recall also learning that the Rauscher potatoes are very creamy. I have yet to master the art, but Josh is a pro at making them.

The Blog Marm said...

It's nice to hear he learned something important from us, to take with him in life.

Ben said...

speaking of which I made pizza casserole the other day. it was good.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The Blog Marm said...

Brings back memories of "What About Bob," Tim....

Ben said...

yeah
I think that's sam

The Blog Marm said...

You're right. I thought it was Tim. Guess I just read the first letter!

Anonymous said...

Can you bring me some pizza casserole plese ben (:

Anonymous said...

I doubt there's any left,Tbn

Ben said...

th'ain't no mo, honey

The Blog Marm said...

(Not that we are, like, the Clampetts or anything, Cassandra.)

Ben said...

naw

Anonymous said...

Don't you go calling me honey ya hear, tain't for you to say,for ma to say

Ben said...

pshaw

Anonymous said...

What's pshaw?

Anonymous said...

waiting.....waiting....

Anonymous said...

By the way, tim who's samantha?