A week or so ago, I lost my cell phone (not a fortunate event). I've been sort of disconnected, so here are a few random things that are going on:
Brian's friend Gayathri Vijayagopalan stayed with us a couple days this past weekend. Her sister was in a dance performance at State, so Gay needed a place to stay for the weekend. (No, we don't really call her that.) We went to Mellow Mushroom (pizza place), and also just talked. She was really cool; it was fun.
I just got a Johnny Cash CD, Live in Folsom Prison, since Brian was saying how much he liked his voice and I'd wanted one of his CDs for a while. It's pretty good.
Speaking of Brian, he is really busy lately with grading papers and stuff.
A few days after my car was hit (as I like to put it) I was outside by my car and one of my neighbors pulled up. I had never met this guy before. But as soon as he saw my car, he started chuckling, and said (his English was shaky) "What happens, man? Haha. What happens?" I tried to be friendly and laugh along with him, but good grief!-laughing at poor people whose cars are messed up. Shameful. And another neighbor laughed at me tonight when some trash spilled out of the bag I was throwing in the dumpster. So I am glad that I provide such quality entertainment to my neighbors.
The weather has been awesome here lately. The trees are all different colors too, very pretty.
Today I went to get my driver's license renewed. I was thinking about smiling with my mouth wide open, like Calvin when his dad was taking his picture, but the evil picture lady didn't tell me when I should smile. So on my license, one side of my mouth is smiling and the other side is frowning.
And I think that's about it. Work is ok, although most of what I've done so far is orientation stuff.
10 comments:
You know how Wal-Mart (I guess) trains their photographers to take cute kid pictures? Well, I am pretty sure the DMV has a similar school where they are taught to take cool pictures like that. That evil picture lady was probably very proud of her work.
Glad to finally hear from you!! We were wondering where you were. Should have known you were busy with cool friends, encouraging, supportive neighbors and of course Johnny Cash & his wholesome Folsom prison friends.
haha...cool rhyme Mom. Yes, they are quite wholesome.
Ok, so I edited a post. Brian said I had Gayathri's name slightly wrong, so I changed it and put her last name too b/c it's so cool.
That is a cool name. What grade was she in when she learned to write it??
Ben -gasp!- edited a post?? Tampered with history? I guess it was a good enough reason..........
yeah, I know, I know.
And I'm not sure if she can write it now...she probably can though.
I don't think you should make fun of Johnny. I used to really get into some of his songs. In my deepest voice I used to sing "I hear that train a coming. It's coming around the bend and etc..."
Yes! Amen, we should not make fun of Johnny. Dad, I didn't know you were that cool. Yeah, he has some good songs - but I don't think my CD has a lot of the classic ones like Boy Named Sue or Ring of Fire. It has Give My Love to Rose, which I think was a more popular one.
Post a Comment