Littlemorrows

My Mama don't allow no music in here...

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Chloe's, Grandpa's, and Ours

Chloe's Peeps
For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. 1 Corinthians 1:11 (NKJV)
Is the implication that we are tattle-tales? Also, the word "household" is italicized. What does that mean?

A Man and His Blanket
Our grandpa won this keen afghan at the family reunion when we were Atlanta. The excitement shows through as he realizes boo-chilly mornings will now be toasty as toast, warm toast. He sees colorless bedspreads set aflame by bright reds over deep black. It was all too much.

Click on the picture for a full-sized image. Take 11 seconds or so to observe his full joy.

Our Car
God recently provided Abby and I with a car. Abby will be the primary driver. Reactions to the car have been mixed. The first thing you notice it its size. Abby's friend blurted out, "It's huge!." Several strangers, only one obviously drunk, have yelled "FIT!" as we pass by them.

These are not the seat covers you are looking for.

Kansas Trip
Josh is sitting in the Kansas City International Airport waiting to fly back home. Earlier this morning he was impressed by the buildings at Kansas State University. Non-red campus brick? Who knew? Several buildings were very castle-esque, but this building is nice too.
(KSU Image is not mine; GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later)

29 comments:

Dee Dee said...

As you documented the rights to your picture, so may I document my surprise:
A. You posted!!!!!
B. You are in Kansas? As in "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore." Maybe you're not in Kansas anymore. I had no idea you went!!
(Yep, white brick. Funny! Like some foreign land, outside the Carolinas.)

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like you italicized it...

Dee Dee said...

We like the car, too!

Dee Dee said...

Well, the italics maybe just imply that this house is never really straight :) .

Josh and Abby said...

I did not italicize it. It came that way.

Dee Dee said...

Hey, are you still in KC?

Dee Dee said...

Hmm, I'd like to see the Gullah translation :)

Anonymous said...

You know, when Mom looks up verses on Bible Gateway for the prayer chain, the words she typed in are italicized. Did you find that one on BG?

Anonymous said...

What is:KC Kaitlin Caitlin?
What is:BG Banana good?

Anonymous said...

Did you ever find out what manana was? You need to remind Caitlin to tell you tomorrow.

Josh and Abby said...

Yes, I did find it on BG, but "household" was the only italicized word. It is also like this in the paper NKJV.

Ben said...

tattle tales...I guess that's what it means
I think that blanket is keen also

Ben said...

I'd prefer to see the Gullah on this too, before we even discuss it further

Anonymous said...

Well, let's hear it, Ben!

Dee Dee said...

I guess he is just too shy to tell you, Tim.

Dee Dee said...

I'm so glad to told me about clicking on Grampa's picture & waiting, Josh. To think I was missing it! We had lots of fun with it, especially the little ones...."Where's Grampa???"

Dee Dee said...

...you told me, I mean. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Man... I thought the 11 seconds was how long it took for the full size picture to load. Figured you had a slowish connection. Thanks Tom for telling me.

Anonymous said...

...that is, thanks to Mom.

Anonymous said...

Something tells me that was an intentional typo :).

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow...I didn't know they showed people how to use HTML tags...

Dee Dee said...

Well, I don't know how to use them. Caitlin does.

Dee Dee said...

My kids? Tattle? Ever?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I suspect it was intentional, too.

Anonymous said...

I pity the foolish speller.

Ben said...

wow. Mr T?

Ben said...

who used an HTML tag?

Anonymous said...

I think Caitlin used an HTML tag in her first comment on this post, for the word "you".

Anonymous said...

You thunk right, Timmy. :)