I love my kids.
They've had a pretty crummy day. I've been all over these three smallest ones (the older 2 who live here, and Dad, are gone to camps) , trying to make them shape up, do their school, clean up, you name it. Not a real fun day for them.
So a little while ago they came in, and Sam announced that Grace & Isaiah have a hobby. They bring in rocks from the driveway, color them with crayons, and will redistribute them outside. Grace tells me we will have a very colorful driveway!
Isaiah just showed me a really cool, bright green rock he had colored. He explained that even Sam thought it was cool. I agreed. Then Sam & Grace both told him that Mom doesn't think it's cool; she thinks it's beautiful. And they told him he needs to remember that, that Mom thinks it's beautiful.
He said he won't remember it; that he isn't even going to try : )
(Now he brought me another one, and I said "That's beautiful." He smiled and said, "Say it's cool." So I did.)
Anyway, I can't take a picture because the camera is at camp with C & B, but the three of them are sitting on the floor behind me, intent on their work, chatting, humming, and making our world prettier.
I just listen to them and think they're all three pretty beautiful. I mean cool.
1 comment:
That's okay. Zero comments. I'll get over it. In time : )
Post a Comment