
Good grief, it's been almost a month. Where does time go in Blogland?
In the past month it's been birthday, camp, anniversary, camp. Home redecoration and demolition. More of the latter, it looks like, but the room came out pretty cute. Wonderful visits from "the uncles," (and Cassandra; and Abby and our little baby-in-waiting) who dropped in here and there and were quite helpful to the whole renovation process.
There are approximately 25 boxes (I'm esti-zaggerating, maybe, here, but I'm not sure) in the downstairs bedroom for Tim to go through, approximately 3 for Ben, approximately 2 for Josh (yep, Josh, I know you took some, but apparently we were too late & they'd reproduced), and a few that are a mixture for all three of them to figure out. And still a relatively light carpet of clutter around the stacked boxes. Which never seems to end. Hopefully we'll do away with that part soon. I keep thinking there's not much more, and it just lasts forever. And my two older girls (I know it!) are off at camp with visions in their cute young heads of Mom getting the room all straight while they're gone so they can start making it theirs. I accused them of this thought before they left, and my accusation was met with denial, but big smiles. Mmm-hmm.
And they left me these cute, energetic little helpers to join in and make the job fun. So of course it will get cleaned up. Of course.
5 comments:
And I found this adorable picture in my pictures folder, which C or B apparently took over the last few weeks. Sweet, huh?
Update: Floor looks better, box tallies have gone up. Feel free to come go through yours. Or everyone can come & we'll have a big bonfire?
This time we can invite the Graydons to our place.
Phrase of the Day: Family Blog (n.)- [fam-uh-lee blahg]- A place where Mom goes to talk to herself.
By the way, Josh, "the uncles" refers to the pre-grandbaby definition of uncles. Whereas now we have 4 uncles-in-waiting, you may remember that our previous connotation for uncles had to do with the 3 big brothers that the younger sibs saw so seldom they seemed to be more uncles, thus including you. Just didn't want you to feel like I was leaving you out here.
Doesn't this picture of the little ones look like something out of Wuthering Heights or Gone With The Wind??
Post a Comment