Littlemorrows

My Mama don't allow no music in here...

Monday, May 14, 2007

Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Top photo : Banner for School of Music.




Lower photo : As Cassandra so succinctly put it, "Where's Waldo?" (I'd advise clicking it first, to make it larger !) Good luck.














I wrote this poem when Tim graduated from high school. It seems appropriate to post it here.



Tot & Circumstance


Pudgy little legs, tottering ahead,
Into our arms you come.
Wait – don’t fall!
You’re just too small;
It seems like we just brought you home.


Picking up speed, running so fast,
Through the grass, mud and snow.
Big rubber ball, …..
T-ball,….. Paintball
But it seems like we just brought you home.

Just look at you now, walking so tall
Blur of time, where’s it gone?
Now put them down –
That cap and gown!
It seems like we just brought you home.

(D. Rauscher)
5-15-2003

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“ Therefore I hope in Him!” Lamentations 3 : 22 - 24

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was easy. I found Waldo : )
~Sam

Anonymous said...

"I know they're busy, but it's a valid thing for them to get on it(the blog) to talk to their family." Saith Mom.

Anonymous said...

If you had just told me Tim was the best looking guy there, I would have found him sooner.:)
But just so he doesn't get the big head, tell Tim he does look a little like Waldo. I did find one that looked like Tim at age 5. He's to the right of the tall bald man.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the poem, but that's sort of eery reading it and seeing the grown Tim on one side of the stadium and Tiny Tim on the other side of the stadium.

Anonymous said...

I think I see the one you mean. You are too funny.

Anonymous said...

Cannot find the grad. are y[u sure he did?

Anonymous said...

I have e-mailed you the treasure map, so you can find him.

Ben said...

yeah, I get it - he's not really there

Anonymous said...

You didn't find him, Ben?

Ben said...

no, d-mom. I did not. have you switched political parties, or did I miss something?

Anonymous said...

Nope, maybe I should go by r-mom.
Okay, I will have to forward the treasure map I sent Gramma, to you. Although I am not sure how much it helped. I don't know if she's found him yet.

Ben said...

finally found him. He looks like he has a huge, pink-lined graduation cap on.

Dee Dee said...

Yep, that's how it is. Did you see the photo above? Pink is apparently the School of Music color. It's good Tim wears pink so well, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

I can't find little me.

Anonymous said...

Pink? I don't see one.

Dee Dee said...

Oh well, guess I need to send you the treasure map, too. Or you might first ask Cassandra to help since she was there & knows where you were --- wait. You were there, too.

Ben said...

people need to stop commenting so much on here

Anonymous said...

I know this one's outdated, but I'll give $5 to the person who finds Cassandra in the crowd first.:)
Aunt Donna