Just thought you might want to know that the tests are in, and the foot is okay. Today Iz went for x-rays, and it is not broken. Swollen and bruised, but not broken. Thankful for that. However, by the time I called for the appointment this morning, he wasn't just hurt, he was also sick. Fever & sore throat. At the doctor's office he had chills. They did a throat culture, which was negative. Something else to be thankful for. However, the doctor looked at his throat & mouth & could see ulcer-type spots on his throat & raised taste-buds. She could tell the poor fella had something. The nurse tried to prepare him for the throat culture by telling him she was going to rub the back of his throat with something like a Q-tip. "See? Do you ever clean your ears with a Q-tip?" I wish you could have seen him just look at her and then shake his head no. Then after she gagged him twice, as she was still standing there, he looked at me and said, "She hurt my throat." Poor lady. Poor Izzy.
Tonight he ran a high fever. I think the medicine is working though, to bring it down. He was cute today, alternating between fun and full of life and lots of questions, and sick, quiet and
feverish. At the hospital we saw a big H on the ground for helicopters to land on, and we discussed that. I told him a few minutes later that "Daddy used to fly helicopters.... he used to drive them." And Iz said, " Yeah, me too. I did too, when I was BIG."
Tim, you retain your title. The Sole Fractured Sibling (Sole... that was great.)
Please pray the little guy is soon well, and no one else gets it. Including our - uh - guests of this past week-end.
14 comments:
And speaking of throats, please don't forget to pray for Ben's doctor-thing Tuesday.
What, prayed for Ben?
Oh, broken a bone!!!
It pays to pay attention. I'll buy a candy bar for the next person who comments.
Who, me?
Wow, Caitlin can smell a comment!
Very funny. I'm sure you could get Caitlin to sympathize with the glitches in Blogger. Or not :).
man I missed it too
^
|
|
me
I think I just forgot how to spell my name. I typed "benjiman" first and I couldn't figure out why it didn't look right. (Actually, it is spelled "Benjamin".)
I need to go home now.
What's the l
l
me ?
I remember the posts back in 2005 and it's already almost 2007.
Benj, you need to go home now.
Sam, you are aging on us.
I think I I Me was just Ben trying to get a claim in on the candy bar?
Oh, you typed in your own time, Tim. I just saw that. That's amazing. I have apparently raised kids who are either very smart, very devious, or very chocolate-motivated. Pick one.
Post a Comment