I think Isaiah needs an extra dose of big brother time. He has been screaming and in tears in the girls' bedroom because Bethany was showing him a ladybug up close and (horrors!) putting it on his back. Our tiny ants creep him out, too. A better choice of words would be terrify. Just takes 1, 2, or 3 and the boy is done for. In fact, I just called Bethany to come & help me with this post, and Isaiah, who had crawled up in the chair behind me, stiffened up & said "no!" because she was coming to us while holding that monstrous red-and-black-spotted creature.
I think it is too big a big brother job for Sam alone. Sometimes he needs reinforcements.
8 comments:
UPDATE: Do not despair, the post was still being printed on the blog when he screamed, all excited, "Look! A baby frog!" Bethany was catching one outside and he says he is not afraid of frogs. ("I'm afraid of ladybugs.")
ok that's a bit better. I told Jinny at work about this and she thought it was funny.
just thought I'd share
Well, I like Jinny. I like people who comment. So you guys are also reinstated.
Maybe so. We (not Isaiah, though) were discussing the question the other day of whether there are male ladybugs. Seemed that there must be, but somehow it made no sense at all. I'm not sure I want to know, but do they have a more scientific
(but not necessarily latin) name?
So your point, Tim, is, at least partly, that if they were called, ah, arsenic beetles or paralysis syringe-bugs, we'd all be scared like Isaiah is? Or does someone have a better "beware" kind of
name?
you are trying, Mother, and I commend you.
Just standing here like the little Dutch boy, trying to hold back the - uh, apathy.
Thanks for your appreciation, Benj.
Post a Comment