
You probably remember that Grace & Izzy like to sing "I've Been Working on the Rainbow," and I (who think it is adorable) don't correct it, especially since the word railroad doesn't have much meaning to them yet. Well, Monday night Grace, Sam & I were coming home from Children's Choir and Grace excitedly told me that, "Remember 'I've Been Working on the Rainbow'? Well, we sang, 'I've Been Working on the Mountain.' " Then she proceeded to sing that for me. Well, Sam does not find this altogether cute. It drives him crazy. So he started to correct her, then said, "Hey, Gracie, were you singing, 'Go Tell It on the Mountain'?" And Grace seemed to allow for that possibility. One mystery solved, maybe, although they aren't in the same class, so we're just guessing.
So then yesterday morning, Grace was actually helping Isaiah sing 'I've Been Working on the Railroad.' I was pretty surprised and just figured they were (sigh) growing up, until I heard Grace say, "Or you can say Torero's." So then he started singing, "I've Been Working at Torero's........"
Ya gotta love 'em.
2 comments:
Hmm...I think this post deserves more comments.
Thank you, Bethany. Good girl.
Post a Comment